Koda

Koda

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A tired husky is a good husky!

What a week! Little Koda is not so little anymore infact we took him to get weighed at the vet last Friday for his flea and tick prevention meds.... well he has almost doubled in size since we have had him. He weighed in at a whopping 18.2lbs! But even since then we can tell he has gotten bigger. I feel like I'm raising a teenage boy who can eat us out of house and home. He gets 3 meals a day and 1 1/3cups each meal. I was worried we we over feeding him but the vet said he is actually the perfect size. I'm nervous to see how big he will get when he is full grown.

My parents came into town last week and Koda loved hanging and playing with them. We picked my mom up from the airport and she didn't even know I had Koda in the back seat, he was being such h a good boy. He loves riding in the car. That day we took him for a huge walk and happened to end up at petsmart. My mom bought Koda a new toy which he is obsessed with. It is a 2.5ft snake that squeaks at both ends. All day and night now he squeaks It. We have nicked named the snake Spartacus after aunt Tracy's pet snake.

On Friday night Jeff's parents came over and the entire family walked over to a restaurant called the lazy dog. You are actually allowed to bring your dogs to come and eat with you. Koda was like a movie star there. Every single person there had to pet him and give him love. He loved every second of it! He is such a ham!

My mom was also able to come see Koda in action at puppy class. It was the biggest class to date. It was nice to see other dogs there a ting out of conrtol and our little man just sitting there looking at them with a smug murk on his face. He was so well behaved! Yesterday moving day was in full force so I took him to daycare So he could run and Play. When I picked him up they said they moved him up to he big dog room and was loving every second of it! He tried to take a nap but he was loving it so much he would get back up and start playing again. When I got him home he slept the rest of the night. He was so tried that he was even slept until 11am! When he woke up he was wanting to go out and do something; so I took him for an extremely long run... the longest one to date. He is now fast asleep again! He was loving every second of his run... he kept looking up at me with his mouth all wide and when I said good job he would run faster! You can really see his breeds natural ability/instinct really take over when were on a run. He can run forever... I don't want to out run him so I have to make him stop then he realizes he is tired and thirsty.

Well we are pretty much moved into our new place just need to finish bringing over the little odds and ends. He is confused as to what is going on. Hopefully soon he will like it and relax a little More.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a message!!!!